With fall settling in, we’re in the mood for warm, comforting food!
When you spend the majority of your time on the road in a van, cooking with the Omnia Oven is a great way to add variety to your meals. If you’re not familiar with it, this compact red oven sits directly on top of your propane stove, providing you with a fresh way to cook your meals. All that’s left to do is to try out our five comforting recipes for a cozy evening in your van.
200g fresh lasagne noodles (dried works too)
1 Tbs olive oil or rapeseed oil
2 cloves garlic
1 cup dired red lentils
1 jarred roasted red (sweet) peppers
400g crushed tomatoes
3 cups of fresh spinach
1 vegetable stock cube
1 Tbs dried basil
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
300g fresh mozzarella
1/2 cup grated cheese
- Mince onion and garlic.
- Slice the roasted peppers into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add the sliced peppers and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add the dried lentils and stir. Add crushed tomatoes, crumbled stock cube, basil and water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach to the sauce. Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
- Slice the mozzarella thinly.
- Grease the Omnia Pan or use the silicone mold or non-stick pan, then spread some of the sauce on the bottom, followed by a layer of lasagne noodles. Add sauce, then mozzarella and lasagne noodles in layers, Ending with sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake on medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Add 15 minutes if using dry lasagne noodles.
Serve with a fresh tomato salad.
A classic when cooking with the Omnia Oven, good for all meals.
400 ml half cream or single cream
Salt and white pepper
Finely chopped parsley, chives or dill
- 100 g ham, bacon or sausage, cut into small pieces
- Cherry tomatoes and/or sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 g grated cheese
- Leftover vegetables or meat from your fridge
- Grease the Omnia Pan or use the silicone mold or non-stick pan.
- Put the meat and other ingredients you have chosen in the Omnia Pan.
- Beat the eggs.
- Heat the cream to a simmer and pour it slowly over the eggs while whisking constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assaisonner de sel et de poivre selon votre goût.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and bake at low heat until the frittata has set and is golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
Chicken curry with spicy vegetables and bulgur wheat
The perfect recipe for showing your guests how to cook with the Omnia Oven.
300 g chicken fillet
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sambal oelek
1/2 chicken stock cube
250 ml coconut milk
1/2 fresh broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 leek, sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tablespoon water
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 cup bulgur
250 ml water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
On the side: mango chutney, finely chopped parsley
- Place the silicone divider molds (one-half and 2x one-quarter) in the Omnia Oven.
- Strip the chicken fillets and place in a bowl. Mix in the curry, sambal oelek, crumbled chicken stock cube, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Pour in the coconut milk and stir well.
- Place the chicken in the larger, half-silicate mold.
- Mix the oil, water, cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper in a bowl. Peel and crush the garlic clove and add to bowl. Add the broccoli and leeks and mix well. Put the vegetables into one of the quarter silicone molds.
- Pour the bulgur wheat into a quarter silicone mould. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Pour in the water and stir.
- Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve the chicken curry with mango chutney and top with parsley, if you wish.
Croissant Pizza Rolls
1 package of ready-to-bake croissant dough (e.g. Pillsbury)
5-6 tablespoons pizza sauce
Your favorite pizza toppings (here are a few examples)
- Grated cheese
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Sausage, ham or pepperoni
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Prepare the fillings and set aside.
- Unroll croissant dough and spread a small spoonful of pizza sauce on each. Add desired toppings.
- Roll up by starting from the wide end of the dough. Place in Omnia silicone insert. The croissants can be touching but will bake together slightly. If you want to keep them completely separate, leave 2 inches between croissants.
- Turn your camp stove onto medium-low heat, place Omnia on top and cook with the lid on for 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to cook on high heat, this will cause the bottoms to burn before the croissants are fully cooked through.
Glazed Cinnamon Bun Muffins
Got a sweet tooth? These muffins are perfect as a snack or dessert, and are easy to cook with the Omnia Oven!
8 Tbs (100 g) butter
½ cup (100 ml) milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups white (plain) flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground cardamom
4 Tbs (50g) butter at room temperature
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
About ½ cup (100g) powdered (icing) sugar
1 Tbs milk
- Place the muffin tray in the Omnia Oven.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the milk and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, then add to egg mixture.
- Stir in the butter-milk mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
- Fill each muffin cup about an inch (a cm or two), add a spoonful of the filling and then top with a bit more batter, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle pearl sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake at medium heat for about 20 minutes. Watch the heat carefully with the Omnia Thermometer to avoid burning the bottoms of the muffins.
- While cooking, mix the powdered sugar and milk, starting with half the milk. The consistency should be fairly thick, but still liquid. If you need more milk, add a drop or two at a time.
- Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes when they are done and before you turn them out of the Muffin Ring. Brush the tops with the glaze.
There nothing easier than cooking with the Omnia Oven, the perfect little accessory for your van kitchen. Find it on our online store with its accessories and get inspired by its recipe book to impress your nomad guests on the road!